The following roads may be closed or have temporary restrictions during the race – (subject to change).
All roads along the route will be subject to traffic management procedures to ensure the safety of the runners and marshals, but in all cases will be kept to the minimum required. We appreciate the support and patience of the local community.
Runners not reaching the 9 mile mark at Sainsbury’s before midday will be directed along a slightly different route, using pavements so that the roads may reopen for the lunch time traffic.
We sincerely value the support of local residents and businesses, and will endeavour to keep all disruption to an absolute minimum.
- Commercial Street/Church Street
- A48 Southern Distributor Road (one lane closure)
- A48 Roundabout/Mill Parade
- Usk Way
- Usk Way Friars Walk
- Old Green Roundabout
- Caerleon Road – Church Road
- Caerleon Road – Bank Street
- Haisbro Road – Caerleon Road
- Caerleon Bridge
- Cold Bath Road
- Pilmawr Road to River path
- Sainsburys roundabout, 1 lane closure (Access available)
- Heidenheim Drive A4042
- Under Old Green Roundabout
- Newport City Footbridge
- Bottom of Corporation Road
- East Dock Road
- Finish on Riverfront Pathway
There are several spots along the route that are ideal for spectators:
The Riverfront Theatre, The Blaina Wharf public house, Castle Bingo, Riverfront pathway, Sainsbury’s.