Admiral Virtual City of Newport Half Marathon 2021
Participating runners agree to the following terms and conditions:
Terms of Participation
- Registration fee is non-refundable and is non-transferrable.
- The following terms apply to your entry:
- Individual Full Half Marathon entry – the 13.1 distance must be a continuous effort, (not spread over more than one run/walk) and you must be 17 years or over
- Individual half marathon distance of 13.1 miles made up of several runs completed between 26th February – 7 March. You may spread the distance over as many smaller runs as needed during the time frame and the distances run must not exceed those recommended for your age by UK Athletics
- team entries – teams of 2, 3 or 4 may complete the 13.1 miles between them anytime during 26th February – 7 March. and the distances run must not exceed those recommended for your ages by UK Athletics
- Results must be uploaded using the link provided before 8th March 2021
- Your results, and/or any pictures you submit may be used by St David’s Hospice Care to promote the charity and/or a results leader board.
RUN ROUTE SAFETY AND GENERAL RUNNING SAFETY
Participants are responsible for their own safety and as a minimum, follow these suggestions:
- Do not take part if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID 19. Temperature, persistent new cough, loss of taste, loss of sense of smell.
- Plan your route in advance, use a route you are familiar with, and be aware of potential hazards on the route. Carry out your own risk assessment of the route.
- Let someone know where you are running and when you expect to be back from your run; contact them to let them know you have returned safely.
- Carry a mobile phone with you.
- Carry an ICE (In Case of Emergency) card, with your name, address, any medical information and an emergency contact number.
- Carry a drink with you.
- Avoid running in hours of darkness, especially in unlit areas, if necessary use a torch.
- Run in high visibility clothing.
- Run in appropriate footwear.
- The wearing of headphones can reduce your awareness of potential hazards and it is therefore not recommended to wear headphones whilst running.
- Run in traffic free areas where possible; avoid areas and times when busier traffic is possible.
- Follow the Highway Code guidelines.
SOCIAL DISTANCING SAFETY.
By participating in the Virtual Admiral City of Newport Half Marathon, the participants agree to the following:
- To avoid busy parks/routes and avoid popular running/walking routes at times when they will be busy.
- To be considerate to others by keeping at least 2m apart when passing, ensure that social distancing regulations are adhered to whilst running for your safety, and the safety of others.
- Observe Welsh Government regulations on leaving home to exercise.
- ADHERE TO CURRENT SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES IN WALES.
- Maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres if exercising with members of another household is crucial
- CHECK THE LATEST WELSH GOVERNMENT AND WELSH ATHLETICS GUIDANCE
*Terms and Conditions updated 29-01-2021