The following roads may be closed or have temporary restrictions during the race – (subject to change).
All roads along the route will be subject to traffic management procedures to ensure the safety of the runners and marshals, but in all cases will be kept to the minimum required. We appreciate the support and patience of the local community.
Runners not reaching the 9 mile mark at Sainsbury’s before midday will be directed along a slightly different route, using pavements so that the roads may reopen for the lunch time traffic.
We sincerely value the support of local residents and businesses, and will endeavour to keep all disruption to an absolute minimum. Closures in place from 8am and will reopen as the last runner passes.
- Usk Way – Start
- A48 Roundabout – Church Street/Mill Parade
- Usk Way / Spytty Road (SDR Bridge)
- Corporation Road – including all roads leading off – (miles 2-3)
- Caerleon Road including Chepstow Road Church Road and Junction Road (mile 3)
- Caerleon Road – Bank Street – (mile 4)
- Haisbro Road – Caerleon Road
- Caerleon Bridge – (mile 6)
- Cold Bath Road
- Pilmawr Road to River path (mile 8)
- Sainsburys roundabout, 1 lane closure (Access available) (mile 9)
- Heidenheim Drive A4042
- Newport City Footbridge (mile 10)
- Bottom of Corporation Road
- East Dock Road (mile 12)
- Finish on Riverfront Pathway
There are several spots along the route that are ideal for spectators:
The Riverfront Theatre, The Blaina Wharf public house, Castle Bingo, Riverfront pathway, Sainsbury’s.