The Admiral City of Newport Half Marathon is establishing itself as one of the friendliest City road races, raising money supporting the largest charity in south east Wales.
Club athletes and charity fun runners help raise vital funds to support local patients and their families.
The event is known for its fantastic atmosphere, and it could not be staged without the tremendous support of the residents and businesses of the City of Newport.
We try our utmost to minimise any disruption that may be caused.
- Please allow extra time when travelling on race day.
- Plan your route in advance and be aware of potentially congested areas.
- If you have any queries or concerns about road closures please email Admin@cityofnewporthalfmarathon.com or phone 01633 851051
On race day, road closures and/or restrictions will be in action in the following areas from around 6.00am. The race starts at 9am – and once the last runner has passed your area, the restrictions will be removed.
Planned closures and/or Stop-Go controls will be in place on the following roads:
- NO access onto Commercial Road
- NO access onto Alexendra Road
- NO access/exit to inside lane on SDR
- NO access.exit to inside lane on Usk Way
- NO access/exit to inside lane on North Bound Usk Way, or any road feeding off it.
- NO access/exit travelling north towards Caerleon on Clarence Place or Caerleon Road, or any road feeding into/off it.
- Bank Street
- Stockton Road
- Scarborough Road
- Stockton Close
- Croydon Close
- Croydon Court
- Cumberland Road
- Haisbro Avenue
- The Moorings
- Caerleon Road
- Caerleon Bridge
- The Broadway
- Cold Bath Road
- Albany Street
- Sainsbury Roundabout
- Albany Street (junction of the Turnstiles)
- Slip Road from A4042 to Harlequin Roundabout
- Slip Road from Harlequin Roundabout to Old Green Roundabout
- East Dock Road
If you have any further queries or questions about the race and how it might affect you, email email@example.com or phone 01633 851051.
All roads along this route will be subject to traffic management procedures to ensure the safety of the runners and marshals, but in all cases will be kept to the minimum required. We appreciate the support and patience of the local community.