3rd March 2024 9am
New for 2024 – Optional T-Shirt Entry Fees
We have kept our entry fee the same for the last few years whilst our operational costs have risen dramatically and we feel this is the best way to balance costs without impacting on the quality of the event. We will of course be awarding all finishers with one of our popular unique medals.
*Entry Only – No Finisher’s T-Shirt
£34 UKA affiliated Athletes (for runners affiliated to Welsh, England, Scotland & NI Athletics)
£36 Unaffiliated Athletes (for runners not affiliated to an athletics club)
*Entry including Finisher’s T-Shirt
£44 UKA affiliated Athletes (for runners affiliated to Welsh, England, Scotland & NI Athletics)
£46 Unaffiliated Athletes (for runners not affiliated to an athletics club)
for the Virtual option, please visit our Virtual Entry Page
What’s included in your registration fee
- A posted race pack including race information*, running number and timing chip. (*Entries received before 16th Feb only)
- A bespoke, unique medal
- Access to training advice and support via the event website and e-newsletters.
- Water stations along the route.
- Real-time results
Terms of Participation
- Participants must be 17 years of age or older on the day of the event
- When registering all participants must agree to our full terms and conditions.
- Names and/or video footage or photographs taken during their participation may be used to publicise the Admiral City of Newport Half Marathon/St David’s Hospice Care or other St David’s Hospice Care events.
- Participant race numbers may not be passed on or sold to any other person. We offer a transfer service to all runners until the publicised transfer deadline.
- Registrations will close on the date publicised on the event website.
- Participants must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Participants must be fit to run and free from injury.
- Participants who have not completed 9 miles of the course within 3 hours may be directed along a slightly different route using pavements – but will still be allowed to complete the course.
The Admiral City of Newport Half Marathon is a licensed event run under UKA terms and conditions. This includes the ban on in-ear headphones being worn.
“WORLD ATHLETICS AND UKA TECHNICAL RULES 2020 EDITION
RULE T55 (240) S 5 UKA SUPPLEMENT HEADPHONES
The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic.
This restriction does not apply to races held on dual carriageways provided that there are clear, structured separations between the separate carriageways.
Competition Providers of races held entirely on roads closed to traffic may apply this condition where appropriate to local circumstances. Headphones that work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit in the ears are acceptable but a Competition provider may determine that they cannot be used in their race.